Surrounded by Genius

Friday, September 15, 2006

Friday Night at the Lindseys

No kids kicking me in the side, no husband snoring at the back of my neck, no trains rumbling through town...ahh heavenly(!)...I don't think I'll be able to sleep. I have this weekend class, it's a little boring and it feels like the hours just drag by, but I enjoy it. I do not, however, enjoy driving an hour away, driving an hour home, and then doing the same thing the next day. So, tonight I'm spending the night with my wonderful mom. Happy Birthday MOM!! (I know, it was yesterday, but I didn't post anything yesterday...lucky you...I would have posted about the earplugs!). It's gonna be nice to get up and go eat breakfast and only drive 15 minutes to class, but I really miss the tiny toes tucked into the waistband of my pj's and the warm little boy who strips down naked and gets in my bed at six o'clock almost every morning to snuggle when before my alarm goes off. Schy and Syd told me they would keep Daddy company and sleep in the big bed with him and Shane tonight. I think Daddy has other ideas. Like sleeping on more than 12 inches of mattress. Since Shaner and I sleep in the center of the bed, dh is usually ends up on the very edge of the mattress (and occasionally halfway off of the mattress). After tonight, he'll be so spoiled. To borrow from Captain Jack..there'll be no living with him after this!!

BTW. MG Football fans, I didn't get to be at the game, but I did hear that we won 38-0.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home