Surrounded by Genius

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Thursday Night Lights

Okay, I have to brag about how great my day was. I slept in (because I am a slacker and I let my girls skip today because we had to go to Springfield for dr. appointments) and took my lazy time getting ready. I love being able to waste time. I am so good at it!! Anyways, we got started later than I had hoped but still made it to my appointment on time. Now, yesterday when I changed my appointment, I was told to expect at least 45 minutes. I was in, out, and had the contacts in my eyes in 15 minutes. Went to Nixa to see my mom for all of 5 minutes. Next appointment...eww, a shot. We got there a little early. In, injected, checked, and out in about 25 minutes. Last appointment...In early, everything looked good...come back in 6 months, out before our appointment time. This never, ever, ever happens to me!! I am so incredibly thankful! I had time to stop at the Mall and pick up a few things!! I was planning on going up to the bookstore to get a book I need for one of my classes, but since I got a late start, I didn't have time. I was really looking forward to going up there, but I'll probably just go tomorrow when I get off work (I'm subbing) or an hour or so before I go to class on Tuesday. I absolutely adore the drive to and from Springfield every day (read with tons of sarcasm). At least Spfd has Braum's, Starbucks, and Krispy Kremes!!

There is just nothing like the high I get from standing on the sideline of a hometown football game. Not even Starbucks gets me that excited! The weather was a little warmer than I like- I love to snuggle up in a hoodie with my hot chocolate and wedge myself into the screaming crowd- but it was a beautiful night. Tonight's game must not have been all that exciting...I still have a voice. We went up early and stayed there. By the end of halftime I had had it up to here with the whiners, so I left for a few minutes during the third to deposit them at Grandma's house. Then I ran (really, I. ran.) the two or three blocks from my house to the ball field. So many people (I call them doubters) told me that we (MG) couldn't beat Salem this year. Final score....MG 35 Salem 20. We are scorchin' hot!! Next week, off we go to Nixa!!

2 Comments:

At 9:37 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

Awww - you're so cute, you football fan, you!

Hey, wanna be my library flunky with your springfield visiting self?

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Brina said...

I'm going up EXTRA early Tuesday so I can get in a little "me" time (shopping without the littles or the big) so, if you need me to pick up or drop off anything, let me know!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home