Surrounded by Genius

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Blogging about being ill actually cured my illness. Nah, not really. I think I just got too wrapped up in my day on Wednesday and forgot to eat (I did go to Wendy's and get a sandwich, but it never left the bag... the white chocolate mocha from Starbucks was only half gone), which makes me feel icky, which in turn leads me to avoid food while I feel icky, and on and on. I forced down some food (okay, a handful of grapes and a Powerade) and I feel so much better. I thought about seeing how much weight I could lose, but I really like food much more than being thin.

My real reason for blogging tonight: My daughters are amazing!! Yesterday, while I was working, Sydney's teacher (Schylar's teacher last year) said she needed to talk to me about my daughter. Apparently, Schylar is the cause of a celebration. At the end of first grade, she tested at an 11th grade reading level. 11.6 to be exact (eleventh grade, sixth month). Mrs. Pounds and I quickly found the school counselor to have her explain these scores. Schylar will be a candidate for the gifted program as soon as they begin testing. I loved gifted. We were able to test our knowledge and really go "out there" with some of our ideas. Sydney also did wonderfully on the test. At the end of Kindergarten she tested at a first grade, ninth month reading level (1.9). She also tested above average in all other subjects. I warned Mrs. Pounds that I will expect her to teach Sydney as well as she did Schylar. Actually, Sydney had scores very close to the same as Schylar's Kindergarten testing. I don't agree with every aspect of standardized testing, but I'll admit it feels so good to hear how wonderful my girls are doing in school!!

I worked on all of the portfolios for all of my classes. Now, if they are graded on looks alone, I've got it made. I spent hours gluing and cutting and applying stickers and ribbon. I know I must get organized or I will not make it through this semester!! While I slacked off with my scrapbooking crap spread out all over the livingroom floor, my beloved cleaned the house (he did leave our bedroom for me to clean, but I made the mess in there) and helped make dinner!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home