Surrounded by Genius

Monday, September 11, 2006

Today was one of those delicious mornings perfect for lazing about. Thunder, lots of rain, grey cloudy skies. The perfect weather for snuggling up and staying in bed with a special somebody (of course I didn't get to enjoy it, I had to get the lazies up and ready for school). I absolutely love thunderstorms. I love to watch them from my front porch with a cup of chamomile tea and a warm body to lean against. In Joplin, where the landscape is so flat, you can watch storms for miles. The huge storms were some of the biggest highlights of the time I lived there. They were awesome. The roar and power of the storm combined with the fresh, clean smell of the rain. Mmmmm. I love to be soaked in the rain. No other water feels so good on my skin as the cool rain on a hot day.

Oh, BTW, just in case you don't read the comments...Congratulations to Jessica and Dan!! They are having their first baby!! How exciting!!

1 Comments:

At 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We used to live in Colorado Springs, where you could literally watch your weather coming. Blizzards and thunderstorms slipping over Pike's Peak were absolutely amazing to watch. Once, the clouds looked like hair and a beard on the mountain! Ah, I miss it there, sometimes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home