Surrounded by Genius

Sunday, August 20, 2006

I put THAT on my FACE!!!

Just a little while ago, I mixed up my own concoction to keep crickets from coming onto our back porch. I added tea tree oil to a styrofoam cup of other ingredients and began to stir. As I was gingerly pouring my brew, I noticed that the tea tree oil was eating the cup, eventually all the way through. I've put that stuff on my face! I'm lucky to have skin!!

We had a beautiful day. Sydney was baptized and most of our family was at our church. She was such a brave little girl. The church was completely packed. Then, after Sunday School, we went to my former church to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the director of the church daycare. Wow! Forty years of working with kids. Forty years at the same job. I didn't realize she'd been there that long until her son invited us to be there. My mom was only 7 when the daycare opened. Anyway, Mildred is a great lady...she has taken in tons of foster kids and adopted many. She has made such a difference in the lives of hundreds of kids.

Hey Brittany...thanks for the link to your site. That was a beautiful piece about Casey. We are all going to miss him so much! Thanksgiving and Christmas aren't going to be the same but we'll get through it. We always have each other and the rest of our family...except for those, like you, who get to go to New York and march in some rinky-dink parade for Thanksgiving, leaving your favorite cousins behind to sulk in Missouri!!

1 Comments:

At 5:41 AM, Blogger Brina said...

Yes, you did, but seeing it firsthand was ......ewww! It's no wonder it works on poison ivy, it just eats it off!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home