Surrounded by Genius

Monday, August 07, 2006

Let's see what I can ramble and rant about tonight.

First, shopping for little girl clothes. We went to the mall (ugh) Saturday to buy school clothes. I spent 3 or 4 hours saying, "nope, too sexy," "nope, you aren't 18," "What would your Daddy say?" At one point, my 7-year-old daughter said, "but Mom, sometimes we like to look sexy"...(aaaahhhhh!!!! I think I should just start tearing my hair out now) Why can't they make little girls clothes look like they belong on little girls??!! T-shirts that aren't fitted, dresses with ruffles and big bows!!!??? No baby cleavage, no baremidriffs!!!We did finally find a few outfits, but it was a painful morning!! So we made it so much better by having lunch at Incredible Pizza...

Second, I have a couple of prayer requests. Scott's Grandma Dobson is in the hospital. During lunch and entertainment at IP, we got a call that she had fallen and hurt her shoulder and that she had been taken by ambulance to the hospital. She broke her shoulder in two places and she was pretty banged up. I didn't get to go in to see her, but Scott came out a little shaken-looking. At the moment, they have stabilized her arm, but they aren't sure her fragile bones can withstand the surgery. No matter what, this very independent, incredible lady is going to lose mobility in her arm.
Also, my mom has a minor surgery Wednesday morning because of bad test results. She had skin cancer not too long ago. It terrifies me that she might have cancer again, but I know that God will take care of her.

Third...Schylar was baptized Sunday morning. It was awesome. Just as awesome...Sydney was saved Sunday. She told our preacher before church that she wanted to be but she wanted to go up on the stage, not pray in his office. This is a huge thing for her. She is very, very shy, but she told me that she had prayed and God gave her the courage to go up and show everyone how to get saved. And, after a year and a half, Scott and I joined the church. It was Dobson Day at FBC. Now, a week from this Sunday, Sydney is going to be baptized! I am so thankful for my munchkins. They make life incredible!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home