Surrounded by Genius

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Trivonopoly, anyone?

Yesterday, I decided that walking is not working so I decided to whip this body into shape by running. The problem with that is that I can only jog about two or three blocks before I need a bigger breath. I studied breathing techniques last night after my first attempt. I discovered tonight that breathing techniques help, but I'm just not coordinated enough to run. Runners are graceful, their bodies move with rhythm. I stumble (a lot!!) and my legs and arms aren't movin' to the same band. I've thought about listening to music while I run(walk) to establish a rhythm, but I go really late at night and, after lectures from dh about serial killers and rapists, I avoid unpopulated (but very nicely surfaced) roads and I listen with sonic hearing for anyone nearby. Tonight, I was chased by a opossum. I thought it would run away if I just kept going toward it, but it started running right at me. I made it home fast. At least it was late and nobody saw me!! Scott is out running now. I hope he meets my opossum friend.

Today my family had a garage sale at my grandmother's. My sister and I, our husbands, and our kids went to help. Let me explain help. Courtney sat and took money, Schylar and Sydney bought a bunch of crap from other family members, and Seth and Shane played...and fought. Scott, Rodney, and I held down the furniture while catching up on the History channel. We got bored this evening and combined two games. Alone, they are both great games, but together they wrap intelligence, schema, strategy, and money into one neat little activity. We created Trivonopoly. It is the child of Trivial Pursuit (this one had questions about Watergate and Kennedy...I think it might be older than me!!) and Monopoly.It was hilarious. We made up a bunch of procedures. Courtney landed on the Go to Jail square about 10 times (by the seventh time, I was rotfl) and eventually, I would have won, but we never finished. We did amuse ourselved for a couple hours.

Now, I have a final to finish...okay, I still have to start it. I must somehow develop better study and homework skills. I have over 20 hours this fall semester and I doubt I'll be able to do all my work the night before it's due!!

PS...Brittany, I still can't onto your blog!!

2 Comments:

At 6:06 AM, Blogger Jennie C. said...

Well, you can take comfort in the fact that if it wasn't for the last minute, nothing would ever get done!

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Brina said...

Amen, Jennie, Amen!!The last minute is always the most important one of my day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home