Surrounded by Genius

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I Hope It's Not a Bad Omen

A few minutes ago, I found our unity candle from our wedding. We've been married a little more than eleven years and we've moved at least 8 times, so it's been shuffled around a little. Not to mention that the kiddos find all sorts of stuff from old boxed to play with. This candle was laying on the ottoman in the livingroom (I have no idea how it got there!) broken and dirty. I walked into the kitchen where dh was just finishing up the dinner dishes and said "Look, here's our unity candle. The symbol of our love and marriage. All the pretty stuff has come off and it's broken in two and held together by a string. Yep, just like our marriage." At which point we both burst into peals of laughter. Our marriage has never been stronger!! I can't throw the candle away, so I think I'll finally burn it. Or at least try to. It kinda sits at a funny angle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home