Surrounded by Genius

Monday, July 10, 2006

Second post!! I am way too cool, a bloggin' fool.

Today was so eventful. My car wouldn't start. again. My dh and stepdad tried to fix it Saturday and it really did work all of Sunday and the first two times I tried it today. I called my mechanic. Now, my dh is out laying on the wet, wet ground (we got more than 5 inches of rain today) at 1:45 a.m.(!!) trying to remove my old starter. Success!! He just walked in (very, very dirty) with a part in his hand. Then he said "If this isn't the starter, blame it on O'Reilly's in Springfield." Wow, my confidence in his mechanical ability, which is already minimal, just sputtered. I hope whatever damage he caused can be fixed.

We went to Mansfield to get the keys to Scott's classroom. His very first classroom!! I am so proud of him!! He's going to teach sixth grade math. The wonderful maintenance guys painted the room and it looks so much better than it did when I last ventured in there in May. We also met his superintendent and the wonderful maintenance guys.

After our grand adventure to the land of Laura Ingalls Wilder, we came back to town and picked up our munchkins at Grandma Judy's house. The big three had spent the night last night and the little one insisted on being taken out upon waking this morning. Both of Grandma's rain gauges showed 5 1/2 inches of rain before 3 this afternoon. We drove home on the country roads to check out the low water bridges, reminding our children of the dangers of crossing water over the road. We are such fun parents.

Today was the baby's birthday. My baby is 3!! *sob* I can't believe it. He's a big boy now. He even picked real food for his birthday dinner. Fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and mac & cheese. Followed, of course, by chocolate cake because we didn't have cake at his party yesterday. We had a bbq for him and his sis (6 on Friday) and instead of cake, we decorated Krispy Kreme donuts -mmmm...tastes like love. He was not impressed and asked for cake today. Well, he got it, Thomas the Tank Engine and all.

BTW...Way to go First Baptist softball teams. We won both games Friday night!! Must be all the good cheering of the First Baptist crowd. Good luck this Friday!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home