Surrounded by Genius

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Weekend Update

Well, so far my weekend has been just peachy. Friday night, instead of watching football, I spent a couple of hours at the ER with Schylar. Diagnosis: broken right wrist. I have been suffering major guilt because I thought she was just whining (she never cried) and didn't take her to the dr. until 3 or 4 hours after she fell. It took a few hours before the swelling started. She was such a trooper. I know the x-rays were hurting her but she never cried or complained. Anyways, now we have a temporary splint and she'll get a cast later in the week. Today I have just felt icky all day. Maybe it's because I slept on the couch to be closer to Schy (she is camped out in Daddy's chair because she can't climb one-handed onto her top bunk). I think all of us are just worn out. Everybody's cranky at my house!!

Football update: MG is one game away from Sectionals!!

2 Comments:

At 2:04 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

I'm sorry, but bad-mom-award is already taken. I won it last year around Christmas. Joel broke his arm and we didn't take him to the doctor for TWO WEEKS! He was such a trooper - we had no idea. A couple weeks after it happened, he got bumped again and it bothered him as bad as it had the first time so we finally realized "This isn't normal" and took him in.

It was funny because I am usually the hypersensitive mom, bringing them in and asking questions about the tiniest thing. The whole staff got a chuckle out of it. "Sniffle? Run him to the doctor! Broken arm? Naw - we can take care of that one at home!"

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

Okay - where are you? I know you're out there somewhere! Sabriiiiiinnnnnaaaaaaaa - where aaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeee youuuuuuuu??????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home